Our camp cooks ensure that campers are fed three nutritious, delicious meals a day. You’ll rise early to start breakfast and begin the daily schedule of food prep, service, cleanup and a break following each meal, working with the kitchen staff to ensure that the buffet is reset and the dining hall is kept clean.
The joy of cooking is what brings back Mark Adami each year, along with the campers themselves. “I love watching them file into the dining hall for meals. The smiles on their faces as they see the food I have helped prepare for them is amazing! When they come by the Dining Hall window and tell us that the food is awesome — that’s what I do it for!”
By the end of summer, you’ll be skilled at feeding hundreds of people a day — a fun and satisfying job, says Adami.
- 3+ years of professional cooking experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to receive feedback
- Strong professional references
- Ability to prepare a diverse food menu mostly from scratch
- Prior experience working with children
- College age or older
- A great attitude