Camp Walt Whitman Location
Walt Whitman is located in the beautiful state of New Hampshire, just a few miles from the Vermont border, and within easy driving distance of New York and Boston.
In addition to near-perfect summer weather (low humidity, warm days and cool nights), our surroundings play an important role in making Camp Walt Whitman what it is.
The hiking and camping program takes full advantage of the natural beauty that surrounds and encompasses our camp.
Our 300 acre campground is idyllically located down a quiet dirt road, far removed from the hustle and bustle of the city.
We sit on the south shore of beautiful Lake Armington, surrounded by mountains on all sides.
From New York/Connecticut:
- Connecticut Turnpike to I-91 and exit at Bradford, Vermont.
- Right at STOP (bottom of exit ramp) and proceed straight on Route 25 across the Connecticut River to blinker light intersecting with Routes 10 and 25-C.
- Stay straight on 25-C approximately 9 miles to camp sign.
- Take I-93 North.
- Exit at Plymouth, New Hampshire.
- Take Route 25 (West) to Warren.
- At Warren take 25-C (left fork) approximately 5 miles to the camp sign.